Things to do in Wanaka
- Scenic Flights - The best way to really appreciate Lake Wanaka and the surrounding Mt Aspiring National Park is undoubtedly by getting up in the air! Flight options include flying in an old Tigermoth or even taking control and flying the plane yourself. Alternatively, there are plenty of helicopter flights to be take, some of which can combine a glacier landing, or Milford Sound flyover. In summer, you can try your hand at heli-biking, and in winter you can escape the ski lifts by trying out heli-skiing.
- Skydive Lake Wanaka - You'll be hard beat to find a more scenic place to do a skydive. Whether it's your first, or you've done several before, you won't be disappointed by the incredible panoramic views at 15,000ft!
- Fun on the lakes and rivers - Have you really been to New Zealand if you haven't been Jet Boating? Here, you can even tie it in with Lord Of The Rings location spotting! If Jet Boating isn't your thing, why not try Kayaking, Stand Up Paddleboarding, Fishing, Rafting, Canyoning, or treat yourself to leisurely Lake Cruise.
- Fun on the land - If you prefer to keep your feet firmly on dry land, don't worry there's still plenty for you to keep yourself occupied. From a round on one of the local golf courses, to quad biking, horse riding, rock climbing or fishing. You can also take a bike for a leisurely ride around the lake, or push yourself and enjoy some of the many local mountain bike tracks that Wanaka has to offer.
- Walks - There are many walks in the area suitable for a range of abilities, from short walks to half days, to full days and even longer. The famous Roy's Peak is just on our doorstep. Call into reception, we love to share our local knowledge and help you plan your days to the full!
now to enquire about any of these things to do in Wanaka and the surrounding areas.
Just a few of the many attractions Lake Wanaka has to offer:
Cinemas - Café Paradiso and Ruby's Cinema and Bar
Warbirds & Wheels Museum & Diner
Toy & Transport Museum
Treble Cone and Cardrona Snow Skiing
Boutique shops, cafes & restaurants
From the park to Waterfall Creek
From town centre to Eely Point
From bottom to top of Mt Iron
From outlet of Clutha River to Albert Town
Walks (Half - Full Day)
Mount Roy (Roy's Peak)
Rob Roy Glacier
Mount Aspiring Hut